Ference eFence International™ is a leading national anti-counterfeiting law firm & product counterfeiting law firm. Counterfeiting and piracy present challenges in consumer product, entertainment, media and many other industries. There has been a dramatic increase in U.S. business losses over recent years due to counterfeiting. Authorities estimate an annual business loss of over $200 billion to counterfeiting.
A brand owner’s success increasingly depends on its ability to protect its intellectual property (IP) assets and reputation. From innovative kitchen gadgets to outdoor equipment to pet care products, counterfeit products often represent an incalculable cost to a client’s reputation and can result in permanent damage to a brand if not handled properly.
We help owners, sellers and inventors stop online counterfeiting and fight against counterfeit goods. Our attorneys are results-driven and have successfully shutdown thousands of online sellers for our clients around the globe.
Developed a product?
Did you start selling a product online with some success and then almost overnight see other products (that look like your product) pop-up on platforms like Amazon and Alibaba? Are these sellers using your likeness, your images or your branding? Have you seen your sales decline, or is there customer confusion on what is authentic? Have you received complaints about a product that wasn’t yours?
That’s counterfeiting and we can help stop it.
If online hijackers are selling counterfeits of your product, we can immediately institute action on your behalf. We develop customized anti-counterfeiting strategies and protect you and your brand from intellectual property violations.
Learn how Ference eFence International™ helped clients stop online pirates from counterfeiting their brand.
Expert IP legal solutions to recapture lost sales.
Ference eFence International™ provided expert IP legal solutions to stop online pirating and help Negg recapture lost sales.
Why E-Commerce Platforms Have Become an Ideal Storefront for Counterfeit Products And Intellectual Property Theft?
E-Commerce Platforms such as Amazon, Alibaba and eBay, for example, provide a space for counterfeiters to connect with potential customers at a low cost. Most counterfeiters falsely represent themselves by:
- Using the brand or product name.
- Taking photos, videos and/or messaging from the seller’s website.
- Implementing a bait & switch technique – marketing themselves as an authentic product at a reduced price and then shipping counterfeit products that are poorly manufactured and unsafe.
- The FBI estimates that U.S. businesses lose between $200 billion and $250 billion each year to counterfeiting.
How can Ference eFence International™ help me protect my product?
Together we formulate a strategic IP protection plan for your company to stop IP theft and counterfeiting. We will evaluate your current Intellectual Property protection, we will strengthen it, and we will enforce it.
- We start working to protect your product as soon as you contact us.
- We stop counterfeiters from ripping off your product.
- We file cases against these third-party sellers on Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, AliExpress and other online selling platforms.
- We create programs to handle litigation against fraudulent sellers on an affordable basis.
- We monitor resellers, online markets, pay-per-click ads and social media channels.
- We are a nation leading IP enforcement law firm for online counterfeit products.
- To protect our clients’ brands we send demand letters and complaints and search and seizure actions. We also work with law enforcement in various jurisdictions, prosecutors, investigators, customs authorities and local regulatory authorities to enforce your brand IP.
Read our Case Studies
If you believe your brand or product has been subject to counterfeiters, please call (833) 741-8400 or fill out the form below and a Ference eFence International™ will review your case and get in-touch with you.